The New Israel Fund of Canada (NIFC) is looking for a Communications Officer to help expand our marketing and communications efforts nationwide. Building partnerships and developing relationships with donors and prospects along with a wide range of organizations are essential for our long-term growth plans. The role builds on a comprehensive study identifying potential marketing efforts for the organization.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Officer is responsible for working closely with NIFC nationwide partners, staff in Canada and Israel, and other identified stakeholders to ensure the successful execution and project management of marketing, social media, and public relations campaigns on behalf of the organization. The Communications Officer is also responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization’s website and all of its social media channels.
This position will maintain and strengthen NIFC’s comprehensive reputation, image, and brand across Canada to existing and potential supporters, partners, and stakeholders.
For over 30 years, NIFC has worked with its partner the New Israel Fund helping hundreds of grass-roots Israeli organizations. Its activities have included project funding, capacity building, leadership development and coalition building.
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: 801 Eglinton Avenue West, Suite 401, Toronto, Ontario
Resume and cover letter should be sent by April 30th, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the subject line of your email submission with your name and “Communications Officer.”
- Provide support to the implementation of NIFC’s marketing study and project manage projects in a timely manner and within budget
- Coordinate all graphic design and visual content either in-house or externally
- Coordinate the procurement and development of all marketing and fundraising collateral, providing input on concept development to execution (i.e., event posters, ad copy, postcards, annual report, campaign materials, and direct mail publications)
- Act as liaison with external vendors and agencies on marketing projects
- Conduct regular website content updates and semi-annual site audits using metrics
- Schedule and implement regular content updates on all social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc) maintaing NIFC’s language and tone
- Develop positive messaging about the organization and assist with implementation of such messaging to increase awareness of NIFC
- Initiate and maintain relationships with key local, national and international media, editors and reporters across various platforms
- Schedule, implement and track performance of all email marketing campaigns
- Research media partnerships
- Staff volunteer Communications Committee
- Grow and maintain photography database
- Research and report on industry best practices and new and emerging marketing strategies
Length of Appointment: This is a 1-year contract with opportunity for extension
- College or university degree in marketing, communication, or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years marketing experience in a non-profit environment
- Supportive of NIFC including our mission and values
- Demonstrated interest in international relations, Israel, and social justice
- Demonstrated expertise planning and implementing social media campaigns, updates, growth
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong visual and graphic knowledge and experience
- Professional communication with donors, board members
- Familiarity with GTA and national advertising opportunities and media buying
- Demonstrated experience working with volunteers
- Experience with creation of and implementing metrics to track successes
- Experience in the following software and programs: Adobe Photoshop, HTML, InDesign, Constant Contact, video editing programs, and other marketing software
- Great attention to detail, patience, dependability
ABOUT NEW ISRAEL FUND OF CANADA:
The New Israel Fund of Canada supports projects and programs in Israel that strengthen and safeguard civil and human rights, bridge social and economic gaps, and foster tolerance and religious pluralism for all of its citizens. It helps advance the development of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state as envisioned in her Declaration of Independence.