POSITION: DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
The New Israel Fund of Canada (NIFC) works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIFC supports a network of non-governmental organizations in Israel that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish–Arab equality and coexistence, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, bridge social and economic gaps, and encourage government accountability.
NIFC urgently seeks a detail-oriented, self-starting temporary assistant who is already familiar with the work of year-end fundraising support. The Development Assistant is providing vital administrative support during the transition period from one executive director to another. You will support a small staff and an active board with many aspects of gift processing, data entry, board relations, communications, and general administrative support to the national organization.
START DATE: September 25, 2017
DURATION: September 25, 2017 thru Jan 31, 2018
- Provide support with drafting appeals, donor communications and other development initiatives.
- Provide meticulous donor care, including writing acknowledgement letters, writing and mailing honor/memorial cards as needed.
- Provide development support for staff, including preparing and editing correspondence.
- Manage the donor database, including research, recordkeeping and running reports.
- Screen telephone calls, inquiries and requests, and manage or refer as appropriate.
- Maintain and check various office email boxes. Respond to donor and prospect requests and queries as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Familiarity with charitable regulations and fundraising practices is essential.
- Commitment to NIFC’s issues and values.
- Ability to represent NIFC in an articulate and compelling manner, and understand the complex nature of Israeli society.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be a team player.
- Strong writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, steady demeanor and the ability to work well with lay leaders and colleagues.
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency essential; Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact, Outlook and HTML skills a plus.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time.
This is an entry level position. All applications should be sent to email@example.com.