Development and Operations Associate
The New Israel Fund of Canada (NIFC) works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIFC supports a network of non-governmental organizations in Israel that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish–Arab equality and coexistence, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, bridge social and economic gaps, and encourage government accountability.
This full-time position is part of a creative team at the heart of NIFC’s efforts across the country.
Working closely with the Executive Director, as well as other staff and lay leaders, this person is central to the smooth operations of finances, fundraising, communications, and events. This person should have a passion for social justice issues in Israel and a desire to impact the Canadian Jewish community.
Start Date: Immediately
- Represent our work to internal and external stakeholders in a variety of settings, including during public events, telephone and email inquiries, and online.
- Work as part of a team of staff and lay leaders to develop creative approaches to educating others about our work and mobilizing support in the Jewish community.
- Maintain the highest level of timeliness and accuracy in administering the organization’s office, finances, and donation processes, including to process donations and receipts, track and pay expenses, keep records, and issue reports.
- With the Executive Director, plan events and campaigns that educate the public and existing supporters about our work, including marquee events and grassroots organizing.
- Organize volunteers for support of events, campaigns, and fundraising efforts and participate in the cultivation of potential leaders.
- Assist the development of storytelling materials, both online and print, for a wide variety of purposes including direct mail, email, social media, and events.
- Support the Executive Director, other staff, and lay leaders in donor stewardship and prospect research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail in financial matters.
- Tact, diplomacy and maturity in dealing with donors, board members, volunteers, and members of the public.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as donor database software (Raisers’ Edge or similar), social media tools, and mass email platforms.
- Knowledge of modern Israel, social justice issues, and the Canadian Jewish community.
- Experience in starting new initiatives and managing multiple projects at one time.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and two relevant writing samples with the subject line “Development and Operations Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org